Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back from Belgium!

My life is a whirlwind right now. I just got back from a 3-day holiday in Brussels. It was very last-minute, my friend was suddenly left with a spare plane ticket and I jumped at the opportunity to go with her. Suppose that's one of the perks of working freelance, you can take days off whenever you like.

The weather was perfect, 30C everyday, with the sun only setting around 9pm. Cindy and I were in love with the city, there was beautiful architecture everywhere and waffle stands around each corner. We did a lot of sightseeing but not much partying. The men were too aggressive there, their me-and-my-five-other-boys-over-there-would-love-to-show-you-around approach put us off from the get-go. We both decided we'll visit the city again, but next time, with men by our side.

Anyhow, I'm back and got my new work schedule. I'll be reporting a few days each week until my departure date. I also just got hired by another company for freelance editing and am busy training for that. I'm thankful for the work but am realising it's left me with little time to plan my trip. Some of my family says this is a sign that I shouldn't be leaving for India, as good work opportunities don't come often.

I've finally made an official announcement to all my friends that I'll be leaving in September, partially to make myself realise that this is really happening. I still have this inkling that I'm gonna bail out of this idea at the last minute, if not now than perhaps at the airport! Everything about this trip is very unlike me.

I'm applying for my Visa next week. I'm doing some shopping today, will be replacing all my tanks with T-shirts instead. My to-do list needs a lot of work, right now it's a confusing jumble of random notes (such as, buy adaptor; get vaccinated; buy gifts for host family; need sunscreen, etc). Looking at it is stressing me out, I need to find a way to prioritize the tasks by importance, but the problem is, it all seems important to me.

Anyhow, I better get a move on. Am also trying to squeeze in some time to watch Love Aaj Kal tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment