Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! It's hard to believe we're in the year 2010 now. I got to celebrate with some of my new friends living in Anand, Gujarat. Anand's a pretty quiet town. It's known as NRI-town as a lot of Indians from abroad have invested in homes or businesses here. I haven't spoken to any of them but I seem them walking around everywhere. So even the Gujarati NRIs have formed their own little territory here.

I don't have much else new to report. I caught some type of flu since I got back from Kerala so am trying to get as much rest as possible. I could easily buy some antibiotics from one of the "Chemist" shops as that's what everyone else seems to do here. But I'm choosing the Canadian route of getting lots of sleep instead.

I've decided to head off to Thailand for a week before I go back to Canada (that's right, it's official, I'm going back and cannot wait!).

1 comment:

  1. my uncle has a flat in anand! its a nice town. excellent tailors- karachiwala

    ReplyDelete