Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Beautiful Bodali

I am so happy. My stay in Bodali was wonderful; I got spoiled rotten by my friend's parents. And the villagers in that area are extra friendly.

There were NRIs everywhere, many of whom have come to look for an Indian life partner. I had to make up an elaborate lie once again about why I can't be set up. Some still encouraged me to check out some guys anyway, explaining that if I don't want to take the marriage seriously I should at least do it for the money (people are willing to spend their lifetime savings just to get that green card). Canadians have built an extra bad reputation for accepting money, but apparently New Zealanders are not too far behind anymore.

I just reached Ahmedabad and have to prepare for another train ride to Mumbai. I leave for Thailand tomorrow afternoon. While my village escape was quite relaxing, the travelling in between is exhausting. I'm tired and need to squeeze in some time for a quick nap before packing.

1 comment: