Friday, October 1, 2010

The Week-End to End Breast Cancer!

SOoooo I've found my own apartment space! The location's great and the cost of rent falls right in my budget! I love when things have a way of working out. The big move is mid-October. I can't wait to create my very own one-of-a-kind space!

This Sunday I'll be taking part in the CIBC Run for the Cure for breast cancer.  I think everyone knows of someone who's suffered from the dreaded C-word. I first learned of its seriousness in highschool.

My dear friend was too sick to make it to our highly-anticipated prom. We were all worrying about what dress to wear and hairdo to keep as she struggled through her chemo sessions. She stayed positive, forced a smile and made us promise to tell her about all the glitzy details. By the time the rest of us started collegeshe had died from leukemia. It's taking way too long but I remain hopeful that one day there will be a cure.

Our team reached our fundraising goal just a few days prior to the deadline. It wasn't easy squeezing donations out of people. Fortunately, our contacts came through just in time. A heartfelt thank-you to MEGHNA and all other generous donors for making it possible!

I'll be sure to post some photos of the week-end event. For now, I leave you with a new art piece of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment