Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bangkok's Sukhumvit Night Market

Alright, so this is a bit delayed but as promised, here are a few photos from my week spent in Bangkok, Thailand. I got A LOT  of retail therapy - the temptation's immense with malls there only closing at 9pm.

Near the end of my stay I killed a few hours at the Sukhumvit Night Market on Soi 38 which is open from 6pm to 1am. I bought loads of souvenirs, enjoyed bargaining, and took some great photos! I regret not buying more but I was running out of Bahts and valuable space in my suitcases!

There were aisles and more aisles of clothes and souvenir items to browse through. I definately built up an appetite there - it's quite easy to forget how much walking you're doing through the maze of items. Fortunately there were endless stalls of food and bars on the other side of the market.  It was a social hub for tourists and locals eager to get to know one another.









More photos to come!

2 comments: