Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Go Habs Go!

I'm not a big hockey fan but there's something very infectious about the Habs fervour in this city. I'm psyched about tonight's game!

I used to find it silly watching grown men and women sit on the edge of their seats, shouting at opponents and cheering for their chosen team on-screen. But I'm starting to feel the intensity they feel now. I get the nerves, the anxiety, the oh-I'm-so-nervous-I-can't-help-but-yell-out-loud syndrome, even if there's no actual goal at the end, and the instinct to jump up and down with one's arms in the air shouting, "Yes!" "Woohoo!" "Yeah baby!" or as my little niece likes to yell out, "Go Habs Go!" when they do make a goal.

It all looks very ludicrous to a once non-hockey fan like myself. But now, well, I get it. This link pretty much sums up what everyone's talking about here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOPiKiru26Q

You know what I'll be doing tonight - watching the Montreal Habs kick some Pittsburgh Penguin butt!

2 comments:

  1. Habs - French for "les habitants" - informal term used for New France settlers. But "haberdasher" was quite close!

    ReplyDelete