Thursday, June 3, 2010

Baking Fun!

I had a lousy day at work. So lousy that I almost skipped my baking appointment with my wonderful friend *Tara later in the afternoon. Well, I'm glad I didn't!

We tried out this "Olive Oil Chocolate Sun Cake" recipe which was posted in the "Montreal Gazette" a few weeks back. The ingredients were basic, and the steps seemed rather simple - so together, we plunged into the scrumptious world of baking. It was my very first attempt at ever baking something from scratch.

The texture of our batter was nice and smooth; everything was going fine. But soon enough things got tricky. We were supposed to leave a 1/2 cup of our cake batter aside, and add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to that mix. In our excitement though, we both misread the quantity and added 6 tablespoons of cocoa powder instead! We didn't realise this until the very end, so all that excess cocoa guck was actually incorporated into the cake.


It was a nice experiment though. The cake had a delicious organgey taste. It was perfectly moist, so we know we didn't over or undercook it! Most of all, it was fun! I had forgotten all about my lousy day. I have to plan out more baking days with wonderful friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment