Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pearl Earrings

A dear friend of mine bought me a pair of pearl earrings for my birthday one year. I had rarely ever worn them, thought they didn't suit me.

And now suddenly it's the only pair I ever fancy wearing. They're so elegant and feminine and princessey. It's a quick lift-me-up when I put them on. And it actually goes with anything I wear, I just wonder why I never noticed this before... It's one of my most prized posessions these days.

Work's been exhausting me. We're understaffed at the worst time, the tourist season is picking up. Dealing with clients one after another is tough, especially since you don't know what type of mood the person will be in. Some are quite chatty, and often ask me about my Indian background (which then leads into travelling India, etc.).

Others are just plain obnoxious. I had one flirty French-Canadian client continuously try to grab my hand from across the counter. The 40-something man was acting like a complete child.

Dealing with clients by phone doesn't get any easier. Many like to slam the phone in my face when they learn that pets aren't permitted, smoking is not allowed, or that the room price is out of their budget.

I'm missing my journalist days. In the meantime, I have my lovely pearl earrings to cherish! I've got them on right now!

1 comment:

  1. all this adorable post needs is a perfect picture of you with them on! :) will remember your love for these earrings the next time I'm in Manila!

    ReplyDelete