Saturday, July 10, 2010

4 Days of Reporting!

Wow! I nearly got a full week of being a reporter! I worked Monday, Thursday, Friday and now, I've been asked to report tomorrow as well! The shifts are still a bit stressful for me, but overall I'm getting better. My voice has apparently become stronger which is good for voice-overs. I think that's because of all the yoga I've been doing, it encourages breathing from the stomach rather than the throat.

I never have enough time during the day to write a proper lead (the part the news anchor reads out to introduce the reporter's story). The news director doesn't like hearing me say, "I wish I had more time," but that is exactly how I feel. Every single second counts during the day, though I hear radio reporters have it much worse with their even tighter deadlines.

To be living my dream right now is indescribable. Sick or not sick, I'm loving this! I'll try to do a stand-up tomorrow (actually speaking in front of the camera as opposed to voice-overs), as everybody's been bugging me to do, but that'll only be possible if I figure out my script in time.

Hope tomorrow goes well! Let me rephrase that, tomorrow will go quite well!

2 comments:

  1. if you are interested to improve your vocal chords via yoga consider the fish pose. It's more a Hatha posture but is used by singers and public speakers. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete