Saturday, July 31, 2010

Weddings and Some More Reporting

I've had a terrible migraine for the past two hours. I should've postponed my self-done manicure because the nail polish fumes have made it much worse. Ouch!

I'm working at the hotel this afternoon and tomorrow I'll be getting to report again.  After my shift I'll be running off to attend an Indian wedding reception.

The bride went through a lot of Hindu pre-wedding rituals last week. Unfortunately, I don't understand most of what it means but one day I intend on finding out. All I know is that the traditions are all very symbolic. I've given up on asking my elders about it as they're unable to give me a clear, comprehensive response.  They don't always have the answers as they grew up with these traditions - so some things just are because they are.

Here are a few random pictures from the bride's pithi (pre-wedding cleansing ritual).

No comments:

Post a Comment