Friday, August 6, 2010

Disappointed in Moi?

I am so glad it's Friday! I've been overly tired all week long; thinking about all the things I need to get done is bogging me down. I tried a yoga session last night after a full month of avoiding it. It was tough, and I skipped out on most of the poses, but I'm glad I finally went back.

I have a few more reporting shifts scheduled for this month and next. My last Sunday's pack went pretty well again. The morning was crazy though. The producer wanted to send my colleague and I off to Plattsburgh to cover a story about a missing Quebec woman. That made us nervous. We both would've had to pick up our passports from home (which would've wasted a precious 45 mins at least) and then we'd have been stuck in a long wait at the border (Construction Holiday was just ending so traffic would've been worse than usual). After much ado though, we learned that the missing woman was from Finland and not Quebec, so my story got scrapped.

We ran a story about a local priest owing money to his parishioners instead; he's being sued  for nearly $1 million. I was antsy on the drive to the community centre. The newsroom printer stopped working that morning, so I couldn't print any background information to read on the way. One of my wonderful friends came through for me though; she read out some info to me over the phone.

So I attended my first church gospel... was interesting. Some of those still supporting the controversial priest were claiming reporters were committing sin by exposing the reverand. They said he shouldn't be blamed as we are all guilty of something. One observed that I was Indian and said Gandhi would be very disappointed in me for disrupting the reverand's peace.

Anyway, I'm doing my second brunch interview tomorrow morning! I love brunch time, I'll make sure to eat before but I know I'll be hungry as soon as I get to the restaurant anyway!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment