Monday, August 23, 2010

Reports Went Well!

Working with a newer cameraman wasn't so easy. He forgot to do things at the start of his shift, such as preparing his video kit, that effected how our day unfolded. My first interview of the morning was delayed by 40 minutes because the camera wasn't set up properly.  I had to ask the busy interviewee to come back once we were ready, which was a bit embarrassing. And the delay had a rippling effect on the rest of our appointments.

There were several other glitches through the week-end but I think we both learned from those mistakes.  I covered a story about car-surfing and a South Shore robbery.  Overall, I'm happy with how the reports turned out.

I have a couple more reports scheduled for the end of this week, and possibly the following two as well. Some days I need to pinch myself to realise I'm really doing what I've been wanting to do all along

No comments:

Post a Comment