Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Reporting Madness!

I feel defeated; it's been a rough day. Today's shift became complicated again. My report was originally about the Mercier Bridge construction. It wasn't starting off so well.  There was a press conference being held at 12:30pm in Kahnawake, the scheduled time is already quite late for a day reporter. We get there only to find out their press conference time was changed to 1pm, then 1:30pm and finally, 2pm! The organiser apologised saying their team is not good at organising (really, you think so?). There was no telling whether the conference would even start at 2pm sharp, and considering we'd need extra time to do interviews with officials after the conference, the timing wasn't feasible.

The assignment editor sent us out on another assignment instead - a murder case that took place in Anjou. We rushed to the location only to find out it was no longer a murder case, but a suicide, so police were keeping mum about it. One of my colleagues is convinced that it'll be switched back to a murder case later.

I went back to the station to write my construction script with the little information I actually did gather. It somehow worked out.

On a side note, I learned that the 16-year old victim from the car-surfing story I covered last Saturday has died. My colleague had done a follow-up last week about his friends and school background; he seemed like a fun-loving young man. It's a really unfortunate way to go. Drivers aren't realising that no matter how slow you drive, the surfer's (person standing on top of the moving vehicle) slightest fall can become fatal.

No comments:

Post a Comment