Monday, August 30, 2010

Extra Early Reporting

My past few reports haven't been going so well. Last Friday's story was about a Colombian woman fighting deportation. I couldn't conclude my report until learing the judge's final decision on the case - that information was only released at 5pm. The story was airing at 6pm. It gave me very little time to finish up my script and voice my story quickly enough to get the video editing done too. From the stress of it all my voice kept cracking during the voice-overs; and there was no time for re-takes!

Today's story was based around a back-to-school theme. My shift started at 6:30am. The day was simple enough and quite fun to work on. Most children loved the camera. We could only use the footage of those kids whose parents were there to allow permission.  In the end, my focus didn't quite coincide with what the director had in mind though. So more improvement required.

No comments:

Post a Comment