Thursday, August 26, 2010

Don't Like Pressers

It's been a long day. I had a difficult time getting my head around my assigned topic. The hardest stories for me are when I'm sent to a press conference; the media kit's filled with a lot of excess, irrelevant fluff.  Relying on the speakers' address doesn't always help much, most of the time the party's just using the media to get their personal message across. To figure out what the real story is underneath all that information isn't always easy.

It's important not to get too absorbed in all the information that's thrown your way. I need to get better at seeing the bigger, more simpler picture. In the end, the producer needed to tweak most of my script, which really doesn't look good.  I'm remaining optimistic that tomorrow will go better though.

No comments:

Post a Comment